Itchiness in dogs may arise due to several reasons, for example, due to fungal, parasitic infections, due to inappropriate diet, due to dryness, or even due to any kind of injury. Just like humans can’t tolerate itchiness at all times, or for longer durations, dogs also become quite sensitive and lose their tolerance against itchiness.
Firstly, the exact locations of itchiness should be identified, in order to get an idea about the extent to which the dog is affected. The next thing is to judge the nature of soreness or infection. If condition is painful for the dog, we strong suggest that your dog must be taken to the veteran as soon as possible. He or she will identify the problem and will give necessary medicines, foods and shampoos list to you.
When the problem is identified, curing is the second step where treating the itchy areas is initiated. The dog may be given oral supplements or may be applied with pesticides or fungicides. In case of severe inflammations, it is recommended to give antibiotics to the itchy dog.
Usually dogs may become lethargic, or thirsty, or angry or even hungry for food. They may face a rapid hair loss, dullness of face skin, and even redness of itchy areas. Increased itchiness can transform into a wound that may have emergence of sticky infectious materials. Curing takes time and requires a lot of care because many diseases present in dogs can be actually transferred to dogs, other animals and even humans. Lack of care can cause severe consequences.
Last step is prevention from sources that cause itchiness. For example fleas, pointy grass, pointy plants, fungi, skin allergies due to dryness of skin and inappropriate diet. Insecticides, fungicides, pesticides and even antiseptics should be used to prevent diseases. Proper care will strengthen healthiness of your dog and it will look fresh and strong.
Leave a comment
Top 10 Popular Products
- MDK9 Dog Haus : Modern Dog House with Name Plaque and Custom Dog Bedding
- Vittles Vault Stackable Pet Food Container Keeps Pet Food Fresh and Dry Without Nasty Plastic Smell
- Modern Bloq Pet Bed Doubles as Side Table by Binq Design
- Catissa Geobed : Modern Wooden Geometric Cat House
- Hamish McBeth Savile Row Leather Dog Collars
- Modern Native American Teepee Cardboard Cat House Doubles As Attractive Home Accessory
- Arm’s Reach Co-Sleeper Duplex Pet Bunk Bed Provides The Same Comfort as Your Bed to Your Furry...
- Samsung Smart Dog House for $30,000
- Slo-Bowls : Slow Feeders for Dogs
- EcoSphere Closed Aquatic Ecosystem : Self-Sustaining and Self-Container Miniature World in Your Envi...
- Design and Concept
- Fish and Aquatic Pets
- Other News
- Product Reviews
- Rabbits and Guinea Pigs
- Reptiles & Amphibians
- Small Pets